Thursday, March 1, 2012

DIY Cardigan

So I have been wanting to make my own cardigan, since I can NEVER find any that I love when I'm out and about! I found a cute grey and white striped shirt at the thrift store and thought, hum- I should try to make a cardigan. I didn't really know how to make it look great, but I just tried my best! (after looking at countless blogs, pinterest, etc..)Here is a pinterest link/blog link: http://blog.easilydunn.com/2011/10/diy-make-an-awesome-cardigan-out-of-a-shirt-from-the-6th-grade-that-you-refuse-to-throw-away-but-never-wear/


I just cut it down the center, and used fusible no hem tape. Ironed on the edges of the shirt. I think I still need to add a button at the very top, or angle it in a little more, but here it is. First try at the cardi! It will look very adorable with any of the fabric flowers I made as well for embellishment! SO FUN!




And... I made some cute ruffley fabric flower clips! I also posted them to my Etsy shop! Go check them out! Use the fancy schmancy facebook and etsy  buttons on the side >>>>>>>



No comments:

Post a Comment